Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Walking Dead A.K.A. The Walking Disappointment

The Walking Dead: Season One     I was so excited this summer when I heard there was going to be a TV show about a zombie apocalypse based off a comic book. I even showed all my friends and family the trailer for The Walking Dead just to get everyone to tune in. As person who loves TV I wanted to do my part to help keep what sounded like a great show on TV. I have lost way too many great sci-fi shows to the swift death of low ratings. So I tuned into the pilot excited as a kid on Christmas. So after the episode I was a little disappointed. The plot for the first episode seemed slow and superficial. The opening scene had a huge dose of sexism. What really ruined the pilot for me was Rick Grimes, the main character, didn't realize he was n the middle of a zombie apocalypse when he sees half of a women, rotting while still crawling through the park. It's just the pilot, I thought it will get better. I have seen plenty of terrible pilots and eventually turns into one of my favorite shows.


     So I tuned in for the second episode hoping it is better than the pilot, and I had to know how Rick is going to get out of a tank surround by zombies. Well I watched him escape from the tank with help from, the ONLY likeable character in the show, Glenn. From there the episode goes downhill with cliche characters, terrible ideas that magically work, and they leave a man to die handcuffed on a rooftop. Again, I am not one to give up on a show easily. Plus I thought that there had to be another ten episodes that is why the story is progressing so slowly. So I checked it out and found out that there is only six episodes this season. SIX! Who has a season with only six episodes. So now I am scared one third of this show is already over and I am dreading the third episode.


     The third episode started with an interesting scene with the man handcuffed on the rooftop with zombies trying to get through the rooftop door. The semi incoherent story he is telling to . . . God (I think) was pretty interesting. Unfortunately the story went downhill from there with guilt filled drama and not enough action for a hour long show with only six episodes in a season. 


     So after that episode I officially given up on The Walking Dead it was a very sad moment for me like when a kid finds out ***Spoiler Alert***





Santa isn't real. So after that I had a mini-marathon of zombie movies like Dawn of the dead and Zombieland to remind how much I love zombies. I did eventually watch the rest of the show and it never got any better.

Now you can buy anything I talk about at
A Random Guy's Store powered by Amazon. Check it Out!

2 comments:

  1. Great sci-fi TV shows with low ratings. Did you ever watch "Flash Forward"? I would've LOVED to have seen that progress. Honestly, what would you do if you knew the future? Would you just ride the course of time, or would you try to change it knowing that you might inevitably end up at the very point you were trying to prevent? MIND-FUCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did watch Flash Forward I enjoyed it at first but there were too many annoying characters for me to care that it didn't get a second season.

    ReplyDelete