Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bane Has Arrived

     I just found out a few days ago that Bane will be the villain in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises. I am so excited that Bane will be in this movie. As I hope you all forgot a character they called “Bane” played a minor role in a previous movie “Batman and Robin” as one of Poison Ivy’s henchmen. The real Bane (as in Bane from the comic books) is smart, strong and a master strategist.

     Bane was born in Santa Prisca prison; he was sentenced to life for his father’s crimes. He lived there throughout his childhood and early adult life. While incarcerated he managed to develop a great mind for strategy, fighting, and murder. Bane committed his first murder at age 8 by stabbing another criminal. He used his time in prison to develop his mind and body. He would read any book he could get and used the prison gym daily. He eventually became a king like figure in the prison which made the guards nervous. They forced him to become a test subject for a new drug known as VENOM. Where all other test subjects died Bane survived and it vastly increased his strength, the only drawback is needed to take venom every 12 hours or suffer terrible side effects. He created a suit that pumps venom into his brain. While in prison he heard tales of Batman in Gotham City and he made it his mission to destroy him and rule Gotham with fear. (Read Batman Knightfall to get a grasp of how fearsome Bane really is.)

     So with a back story that intense you can see why I am so excited to see Bane in “The Dark Knight Rises.” Bane will be played by Tom Hardy who previously worked with Christopher Nolan on Inception (My pick for #1 movie of 2010). Anne Hathaway will star as Cat Woman (A.K.A Selina Kyle). I am not sure how I feel about this casting choice. I haven’t seen her in many things I just hope they don’t turn Cat Woman into a joke like the previous Batman movies have did. However, Christopher Nolan has enough talent as a director to know how his cast fits into the Gotham City he created. I mean who would have ever thought that Heath Ledger would play The Joker?  Or that he would do such a phenomenal job?
     I am really excited about this movie and I’m hoping this will be my #1 movie for 2012.
     Now you can buy anything I talk about at A Random Guy's Store powered by Amazon. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Tom Hardy is playing Bane? That's pretty shrewd of them to cast a zombie to play what is supposed to be a pretty creepy villain. Well to celebrate his resurrection (which must have occurred sometime after his death in 1928, but which i only just now found out about), I will grace your website with one of his poems. Its not my favorite (yes I have a favorite Thomas Hardy poem, dorky, huh?), but its pretty spooky in its own extremely subtle way.

    THE SELF-UNSEEING

    Here is the ancient floor,
    Footworn and hollowed and thin,
    Here was the former door
    Where the dead feet walked in.

    She sat here in her chair,
    Smiling into the fire;
    He who played stood there,
    Bowing it higher and higher.

    Childlike, I danced in a dream;
    Blessings emblazoned that day;
    Everything glowed with a gleam;
    Yet we were looking away!

    ReplyDelete