Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shows that need to be canceled in 2011

     Some shows go on long past their prime till the show is barely a ghost of what it used to be or it has used up every good story line and turn into a soap opera or a show full of toilet humor. I like toilet humor as much as the next guy but when a show starts leaning on it like a crutch (Two and a Half Men) it gets old very fast.


Supernatural: The Complete Sixth SeasonSupernatural - What is started out as a phenomenal show about two brothers in their early twenties, Sam and Dean, their Father raised them to hunt ghost, werewolves, and any supernatural creature you can think of (Except Big Foot). Their father disappeared on a solo hunt now they travel around the US trying to find him. Now the show plot lines have gotten so mangled and convoluted I can’t even tell you what this season is about. The problem is that the show’s creator Eric Kripke had a five year plan for the show and after five seasons he left, but now the show is in its season six. Please, don’t get me wrong the first five seasons were some of the best television work I have had ever seen, but now in season six everything just seems like a poor attempt to capture the greatness they once had. I think if Kripke came back he could save this show from the gutter otherwise it needs to go in the trash.

Smallville: The Complete First SeasonSmallville - Thankfully the CW has but a bullet in this lame horse the show has been falling in ratings, plot lines and acting for years. There are so many reasons this show is ending it is hard to know where to start. Okay, So first the show is supposed to be about Superman growing up then why did they hire a guy in his twenties to play a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD. The show has been on for ten years now Tom Welling starting to look his age and it is not helping the shows believability. Another sign that the show should have been put rest years ago is the fact that they let Michael Rosenbaum leave the show. He made the show compelling and deep, with him gone the show has lost all continuity, intrigue, and drama.


One Tree Hill: The Complete First SeasonOne Tree Hill- I can say I was never a fan of this show, barely even knew it existed until I moved in with my girlfriend. So I am going on things she has told me about the show. Two of the main characters have left the show, a woman pretended to be a man's dead wife, and the writers will have the show jump forward in the future the first time it was four years and just recently it was a year. That is some of the laziest writing I have ever heard of. So in short bad writing has turned this show into a "Soap Opera" where they can't even get the cast to say on the show.


The Office: Season OneThe Office - Once I started watching I couldn't stop it was smart, funny, and had a great cast. The show is now in its seventh season and I think they used up any good jokes they had back in season 5. One main actor Steve Carrell is leaving the show I don't want to imagine The Office with no Michael Scott. I cannot even remember the office getting anything more than chuckle from me. I loved the show but the characters stories have been told let them leave with dignity.



House, M.D.: Season Seven [Blu-ray]House, M.D. - Another show I love that has passed it prime. Gregory House used to be the best anti-hero on television with his surly attitude, confidence, and mind games he was the best doctor on TV. Now he is dating his boss and the show is filled with him being obsessive over his relationship and how me may or may not mess it up. He has hired and fired so many different parts of his team it hard to keep track whose dead, who quit, and who got fired. This show was great in its time but now it feels like I'm watching a show about a relationship instead of a doctor and his team trying to solve medical cases no one else can.


      Well those are the shows I think should be canceled this season. I can safely say without a doubt that all of these shows were great at one point (except One Tree Hill) but it's time to get some fresh new blood on television. You may or may not agree with me either way I want to hear it.




Now you can buy anything I talk about at A Random Guy's Store powered by Amazon. Check it Out!

2 comments:

  1. I liked Smallville for a while. I do agree with your point on the casting. I had no urgency to watch further after a season ended essentially the same as a previous season. (I think Lana's car exploded when like 2 seasons before that the safe house or whatever that Chloe to Clark to exploded just as the season was fading out. House seems to come and go. The end of season 4 where House was hallucinating was phenomenal. I still remember watching this one episode and everything seemed to work out and then with like 5 seconds left, Amber popped in and said to House "Well at least you're not hallucinating anymore." SUCH a WTF moment!! I was kinda disappointed that season 6 didn't pursue his time in the mental facility more (should've spent at least half a season there trying to diagnose but still get better). The House/Cuddy thing is the logical conclusion. They've done pretty well so far, though. House is weird, they seem to progress in terms of story (firing the entire team, House's addiction, hallucinations, etc.) and get really good for a bit but never progress all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The House/Cuddy relationship was a great moment but they should have saved that for a series finale. As for smallville it was the show I heted to love but about 4 season ago it just got unbearable not sure why I continued to watch it maybe hoping they will return to former glory (which never quite happened). If you are looking for a great show Supernatural seasons 1-5 great after that pure crap just pretend season 5 finale is the series finale

    ReplyDelete