Thursday, January 27, 2011

Most Anticipated Movies of 2011

Sucker Punch in theaters March 25 – Sucker Punch is a movie that takes place mostly in a young girl’s imagination that is locked in a mental Institution. The world she creates looks great filled with action, adventure, samurais, and serpents. The trailer looks awesome you can watch it HERE.
Cabin in the Woods in theaters April 15 – There are two reasons I am excited about Cabin in the Woods.
 1. The script is being written by the Joss Whedon. The brilliant mind behind some of the greatest stuff I have ever seen Doll House, Firefly and Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.
2. Joss himself stated that it will be a twisted and unusual take on the familiar "cabin in the woods" formula. There aren't a lot of details yet about the script. So guess we will just have to wait and be surprised.
Cowboys and Aliens in theaters April 29 – Cowboys and Aliens will most likely not win an Oscar but it promises to be a fun action fueled ride. It has Daniel Craig (James Bond) and Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones and Han Solo) who wouldn’t want to see those two fighting aliens.
Thor in theaters May 6 - Thor is based on the comic book with the same name. I am really excited about this movie since Thor is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe.  Thor is the strongest warrior in Asgard, but his arrogance gets him banished by his father, Odin, and sent to Earth. On Earth he meets a few people who humble him and he becomes Earth’s greatest defender.
The Hangover 2 in theaters July 1 - The Gang is all back together again and this time they are heading to Thailand. It’s also been revealed that Ken Jeong is back as Mr. Chow and the boys get to see tigers in their home environment. This looks to be very funny and I cannot wait for it to be released.
Captain America: The First Avenger in theaters July 29 – the third movie on the list that based off a comic book. This is the one I am most excited about but also most nervous about this movie could be one of the best movies ever or a total bomb. Captain America is set primary in the 1940 based around a soldier named Steve Rogers who volunteers for an experiment. The experiment is conducted by the U.S. Army and called the super solider program. The Super Solider experiment takes him from average solider to superhero. Steve is sent to take down the Nazi and his arch nemesis, The Red Skull.
The Muppets in theaters November 23 – The Muppets are coming back to the big screen, with a reboot co-written by Jason Segel. You May Know Jason Segel from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I Love you, Man, How I met Your Mother, and Freak and Geeks. I am a HUGE fan of Jason Segel, I have loved him in everything I have ever seen him in and I know he will be great with The Muppets. Kermit has to get the Muppets back together again to save the theater their show was in. Kermit will have a hard time since Miss Piggy now works at a plus size magazine and Gonzo became the king-pin of plumbing. The Muppets is sure to be a fun movie for all ages.
Now you can buy anything I talk about at A Random Guy's Store powered by Amazon. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I know you're a fan of comic book movies and know more of the backstory and relevancy and accuracy than I do. However, I have to COMPLETELY disagree with your anticipation of "The Hangover 2". I will admit that I have yet to see "The Hangover" ... Yeah, I know, something I've been meaning to do ... but great comedies either never have a sequel or the sequel blows. I saw about 5 minutes of a rerun of 'Airplane 2' and my thought for a tagline was "If you loved the original 'Airplane!', then you'll love 'Airplane 2'! It's got the same cast! The same plot! It's even got the same jokes!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be honest I am a little nervous about The Hangover 2. The chemistry between all the actors in the original was great and I just have faith that it will carry over to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete