Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mid-Season TV Shows Review


The Cape - Pilot [HD]The Cape – The Cape was the show I was most excited about for this mid-season release.  The Cape was promoted as a new superhero series with a dark tone. The premise of the show is about cop who is framed for murder and believed to have died. He was rescued by a group of carnies / thieves. They train him to become a superhero and his main weapon and defense is a cape. (I know it doesn’t sound great but I had high hopes, I mean it has Summer Glau as a main character) This show is a campy nightmare more along the lines of Dick Tracy than Batman Begins. Most of the acting is dreadful except for a few characters and all the “villains” look ridiculous.  It is a terrible waste of time with bad acting and a plot I couldn't bring myself to care about. Do not watch!
Harry’s Law – Harry's Law is a surprising good show, its a legal comedy / drama with a lot of heart. The show opens showing a lawyer named Harriet (Kathy Bates) who is one of the best patient lawyers in the city realizing she hates her job. She gets fired in an amusing scene with her smoking a joint in her office watching cartoons. She opens her own law firm out of an old shoe store in the worst part of town. The show gets better when a young lawyer (who she doesn’t like) and her old assistant join her new firm. The show has great writing and talented actors you even like the antagonists in the show. Everyone isn’t going to like Harry’s Law but if you watch the pilot and don’t like it you probably never will.
                This mid-season premier is not new but has gotten so much better in 2 years I have to put it on the list.
Parks & Recreation: Season TwoParks and Recreation – I remember watching the premier of this show and wondering what the hell was NBC thinking. Parks and Recreation was supposed to be spin-off of The Office but it was an unfunny mess with no likeable characters. Accidentlly I watched the season 3 premier and was pleasantly surprised I couldn’t stop laughing. I went back and watched the first 2 season and realized how good this became the character development was great and everyonefound their comedic timing. This show Start of terrible but has become on of the funnier shows on TV.
Now you can buy anything I talk about at A Random Guy's Store powered by Amazon. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment